Cheryl (C.E.) Abbate’s Public Philosophy and Outreach
Op-Eds, Blog Contributions, Etc.
- Consider the Ant, The Daily Ant
- The Shambled State of Front Range Wildlife Rehabilitation, Daily Camera
- University Vs. Prairie Dogs, What’s Wrong? (the not quite official blog of cu-boulder’s center for values and social policy)
- What about the Other (60) Billion “Beef-Cakes” in the World? Daily Camera
- The 104th Division: Inspiring Compassion Outside the Gates of Fort Knox, (published in The Griffon)
- Interview with Concerned Network of Academics
- Mount Charleston Should be Treated with Care (co-written with Katy Johnson), Las Vegas Sun
- Racial Injustice has Long Reach, Las Vegas Sun
- The Racial Injustice We Eat, Vegan Feminist Network
Here is a recent panel discussion Dr. Abbate participated in at CU Boulder (2019).
Dr. Abbate is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. She is also the co-director of the Society for the study of Ethics and Animals, the founder of the SSEA’s Animal Ethics from the Margins Project, and an associate editor of Between the Species. She received her PhD in philosophy from the University of Colorado, Boulder in 2019. Dr. Abbate has been published in several peer-reviewed academic journals including Acta Analytica, Ethical Theory and Moral Practice, Journal of European Philosophy, Journal of Social Philosophy, Social Epistemology, Social Theory and Practice, and Utilitas.